Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Letter

This is the letter that Jaci wrote to the Missionaries.

My family and I wanted to write you and tell you what is happening lately with our family. First of all my dad is still working at the school working hard. He did start to referee basketball games starting last year through this year. He can’t ref any varsity games yet because he has to do a two day camp thing during the summer and that is his busiest time of the year for his work. He is still funny and we love him lots.
My mom is working at American Falls school district as a first grade teacher. She absolutely loves it. Her first graders are so cute! The other day I went with her and the whole first grade to go sing for the senior citizens some Christmas songs (one of the songs was “Grandma got ran over by a Reindeer” I thought it was pretty funny and so did the senior citizens). The kids were told to give candy canes to them when they were done singing and each one of the kids gave the senior citizens a hug. They were so cute. My mom also teaches summer school and loves that too. She loves to teach and teaches anytime she gets a chance.
As for me, I was at school at ISU to get a degree in Early Childhood but this semester I moved home to drive truck for Denver Driscoll for harvest so I can go on a mission. I didn’t know how fun harvest was. I have so many stories that this letter would turn into a novel and I am sure you don’t want to hear all of them. Although I was the first one to get stuck, it was dark and it was a hidden trench. When I got out I about got stuck in the mud myself it was so deep. Anyways, I just got my papers done and all I need to do is have a stake president interview and I am so excited!
My sister Stephani is a sophomore this year and just turned sixteen. She did play volleyball this year but that lasted about two games. During one of her games she and one of her team mate did something goofy and she fell backward straight on her wrist. We thought she broke it and would have to have surgery but she turned out to be lucky and deeply bruised her wrist bone. She still isn’t allowed to play any sports this year just in case she hurts it more. She is a manager for the basketball team. Stephani also likes to sing and be in plays, she is very good at both of them.
My other sister Haily is in 8th grade she played volleyball and basketball and turns out that she is a good little basketball shooter. Haily has a whole personality that is very funny. She can come home almost every day with a funny story and imitated almost anyone in her story. Her favorite is to imitate Mr. West, when she does it we all burst out in laughter because she does a good job imitating him. She is also plays in the band as a percussionist and loves it to death. She can’t wait to learn how to play the trap set.
My brother B.J. is a 4th grader at American Falls. My mom takes him with her to school so he can be with his cousin and their friends. This year he played flag football and that is all he talked about and still talks about, he plays it any chance he gets, most of the time during recess. Now he is playing basketball in an Idaho Falls league. It was weird because American falls was playing Aberdeen and I was rooting for A.F. (crazy). He is getting really big and tall! He can now tackle me and it’s not fun, because then he rubs it in your face that he can. I guess it’s a good thing that he has a cousin his age that he hangs out with all the time and is more like a brother to him than anything else and gets his roughness out of his system. Anyways, we hope you had a great Christmas and we just wanted you to know that we are very proud of you and we pray for you every day. You are great examples to us especially to me and we all look up to you! Thanks for being who you are! We love you and hope you are doing well.

1 comment:

  1. Great letter. I'm glad nothing was a surprise to me or I would have felt out of the loop. If you go to thecutestblogspot.com, you can find some cute backgrounds. My first blogging months were the pokadot as well:) Keep posting because I'm a blogstocker! This is Nicki, kylie forgot to log out! Happy birthday Teri!!!!

    ReplyDelete